Univibe, was Re: AW: light phaser

R.G. Keen keen at austin.ibm.com
Wed Jan 14 20:22:45 CET 1998

>   From: Haible Juergen <Juergen.Haible at nbgm.siemens.de>
>   Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:16:55 +0100
>   > While we are on the phasing subject...  Are there any machines that
>   > use LDR for voltage controlled phasing.
>
>   *Many* phasers work with LDRs.
>
>The UniVibe being the most famous.
>(That's the classic Hendrix machine.)

I'm preparing a net-article on the technology of the Univibe to
be published on my web site, http://www.eden.com/~keen in the
near future. Should be up on the site in the next few days.

There are already articles there on the technology of the Fuzz Face
distortion device and the Tube Screamer family of distortion pedals.

I welcome comments and corrections on these, by the way.