Another kind of Phasing

Sean Costello costello at
Wed Jan 14 00:46:55 CET 1998

At 03:05 PM 1/13/98 -0800, you wrote:

>I think what's happening here is that you've got a new implementation
>of a motorized (ie., Shepard tone, barber pole, continuously
>ascending) phase shifter.

"Motorized" phase shifter?  Could you explain this term?  I mean, is there a
device that produces "barber pole" phasing that actually USES some little
motor, chugging away?  If so, do you have any more details?  I would love to
learn more about strange electro-mechanical devices that produce or modify
sound (I need to study the Magnatone vibrato more closely, as well as the
Hammond chorus).


Sean Costello

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list