Home-made front panels

Kurt Dwight Bleach gghegel at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 11 03:11:39 CET 1998

I've done something very similar: I design my panels in Photoshop, then
invert and reverse the image (i.e. white lettering on black background,
backwards). I print it out on transperancy sheets, then spray paint the
ink side with white spray paint. When it's dry, I turn it over and end
up with bright white lettering shining through the black outline. This
is affixed with spray mount to a plain panel (obviously, with the
ink/paint side down, hence why it was reversed). I drill the holes
first, using a test printing on paper to mark their locations. Since the
ink side is down, the ink and paint doesn't rub off.

I came up with this procedure because the Frak Rack panels, and regular
plain panels that I get from my local electronics store are all black,
so I couldn't use press and peel or just regular black lettering on
transperency.