Soldering irons

Paul Schreiber synth1 at airmail.net
Fri Nov 28 23:57:04 CET 1997

There is ONLY one good soldering iron: Weller. You get them from Newark (1-800-4-NEWARK). Ask for a catalog,
it is 1500 pages!!!!

See my Tutorial Page at www.synthtech.com

Get the Model number EC1002-1 Yes, it's expensive. BUT.....I STILL have my Weller  WTCPT I bought in 1974 that I use for general stuff. Even with new tips, that comes to $1.75/year. The EC1002 has adjustable temperature, and a very accurate temp. regulation circuit. I have had this one for 4 years, and I expect it will last another 25. That's
about $8.50/year.

If you got to stay <$100, then get the WTCPT station (about $80).

traces and destroy your last 3360 in your MemoryMoog. ( and no, I don't have any more!)

Paul Schreiber
Synthesis Technology