Various Topics

Jeremy Brookes jezz at enterprise.net
Fri Nov 14 17:21:39 CET 1997

> What we need is some smart Visual Basic programmer to
> create this thing to work first all on the pc.

                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Ugh. I'd suggest Delphi as
a much better alternative, being a combination between a nice rapid
development environment but having a native code compiler capable of
going as low level as you desire.

But now VB5 has native code compiler and (fairly) low level access (roll
your own OCX, callbacks, etc.) I've used it for quite a bit of MIDI
programming so far. I admit I wouldn't yet like to write a real time
processing thingy but then it's cool for hobby use.

mailto:jezz at enterprise.net
http://homepages.enterprise.net/jezz/