Various Topics / Wavetable

Martin Fay mfay at fs2.cp.umist.ac.uk
Fri Nov 14 14:30:56 CET 1997

Gene wrote:
> Although the scanning EPROM idea has been around for a while, the
> ability to load my own sounds into the EPROM by recording them on my
> PC's sound card has suddenly made this an idea that may just be
> worth pursuing. Maybe this idea can start a conversation on the DIY
> list?

The next release of my software synth will have wavetable capability
on the 2nd oscillator, so it could come in handy to prototype wave
files before burning them into EPROM.

As an aside, I've also got rough DirectSound code running so the
latency is down to 40ms-ish which means the lag is hardly noticeable
(or at least nor objectionable) when playing from a keyboard.

Martin

Curious Yellow / 3 track demo now available on mp3
| Email: martin.fay at umist.ac.uk                  |
| Web: http://www.cp.umist.ac.uk/users/martin/   |
| See web site for:                              |
| VAZ: Vurtual Analogue Synth Emulator           |
| Demos on mp3: The New Flesh, Curious Yellow    |