Mental Exercise

FlavorMaus at aol.com FlavorMaus at aol.com
Fri Mar 14 03:53:16 CET 1997

In a message dated 97-03-13 01:43:32 EST, magda at it.kth.se (Magnus Danielson)
writes:

<<  >> I though about how one might do this using analog circuitry or
  >> discrete logic, but to me the problem just seems to lend itself to a
  >> microprocessor design.

  >> So, the question is: how would it be possible to implement this
  >> randomness feature using analog and/or discrete logic?

sorry, a machine is incapable of true randomness.
though i am not very knowledgeable in synthesizer electronic related
matters, i do know a great deal of algebraic/program function logic
A computer can't create a value without some sort of system of generation.
some machines with complex systems can create the illusion
of randomness, which is, i suppose, what you are looking for,
however a computer/machine can not create a number from nothing.
there is no mathematical way to generate a random number,
thats all psychological
randomness in computer terms just means that the system of
generation is arbitrary or unknown.
-version