Modulated waveform idea (second try, may have been blank last time)
kimmo at ecdl.hut.fi
Wed Mar 12 11:43:41 CET 1997
as I was reading the posts regarding different waveforms I came up with
this idea for a voltage controlled waveform generator:
- make two sub-oscillators with flip-flops using the pulse-width modulated
- first FF is rising edge triggered
- second FF is falling edge triggered
- these two signals are the used to gate an other waveform
(saw/triangle/sine...) on or off and the resulting waveforms are summed
or subtracted and various varying waveforms results
- additional variation can be added by controlling the DC-level of the
signal off situation.
All you should need is a dual CMOS FF, a 4066 and one or more opamps plus
the passive thuff to add two or three more pots to tweak.
Maybe somebody has tried this already...
Kimmo Koli Helsinki University of Technology
kimmo at ecdl.hut.fi Electronic Circuit Design Laboratory
http://www.ecdl.hut.fi/~kimmo Otakaari 5 A
Tel: +358 9 451 2273 FIN-02150 Espoo
Fax: +358 9 451 2269 Finland
More information about the Synth-diy