Interesting new software.....

Romeo Fahl 8brain at spiritone.com
Fri Jun 20 01:48:52 CEST 1997

Mmm... too bad.  I just traded my ST and monitor for some beer.

>Hi People,
>I'm gonna jump to some conclusions right away here...we're all
>musicians, basically electronic musicians yes?
>We're all into electronics, or at least aren't afraid of the internal
>bits and bobs that go into synths...yes?
>
>In the UK,. the Atari ST was by a long way the major computer used by
>musicians, and it still has a lot of users, it is cheap, and for basic
>sequencing still generally the easiest thing to get going with....
>
>Well, this little my little ole STe, frequently viewed by many of my
>non-musician PC using friends as only removed from a games console by
>menas of its MIDI sockets has just got a new piece of
>software.......it's a PCB CAD package called Scooter, and it kicks ass
>big time......
>You want netlists, you got them, re-configurable menus and macro's
>(you can change the hot-keys, create new commands etc), Gerber output
>(Gerber input too soon apparently), NC, SM1000, HPGL in either
>Xon/Xoff or RTS/CTS, Calcomp, multi-pen print-out on  plotters, even
>autoroputing...it's got the lot, and because lots of it seems to be in
>hand-optimised assembler, it's quite quick too, certainly as fast as
>PCB Designer on a 100MHz Pentium under Win95....
>The price?.......53.5 UKP, including postage, and a nice little manual
>that sets everything out logically and methodically...
>contact
>xlator at cix.compulink.co.uk
>The guys name is Peter West and he's part of a group of people
>translating German pro software into English and getting it released
>at sane prices......It only runs in ST-High or higher, but that
>shouldn't be a problem as most music software only runs in ST-High
>anyway....that's Mono BTW....
>
>chrisc

An unexpected demographic and cognitive constellation co-occurs with
synesthesia: females and non-right-handers predominate, the trait is
familial, and memory is superior while math and spatial navigation suffer.
Synesthesia appears to be a left-hemisphere function that is not cortical
in the conventional sense. The hippocampus is critical for its experience.
Five clinical features
comprise its diagnosis. Synesthesia is "abnormal" only in being
statistically rare. It is, in fact, a normal brain process that is
prematurely displayed to consciousness in a minority of individuals.

(http://psyche.cs.monash.edu.au/psyche-index-v2.html)