Caps for CEM & SSM Filters?

Kent Lundberg klund at mediaone.net
Fri Jun 13 01:31:46 CEST 1997

Christopher_List at Sonymusic.Com wrote:

> On page 216 of the current Mouser catalog (Good until July '97) you'll find
> polystyrene caps down to 100pF, is that low enough for you?

I just heard this morning (at a Bob Pease lecture, no less) that the
German supplier of polystyrene to the world was getting out of the
business, and so polystyrene capacitors will soon be "no long
available".  Polypropylene caps are probably better for most
applications anyway...

Also, at the same lecture, an audience member mentioned that CEM chips
were back in production...  Either someone from this list was there :-)
or word is getting around.  Yea!

If you don't know know Bob Pease is, go get a copy of his book
"Troubleshooting Analog Circuits", and read it.  I sleep with my copy.

--> Kent.