Panels being ordered for Modulus modules...

Chris Crosskey chrisc at zetnet.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 23:10:05 CEST 1997

Hi People, especially those in UK/Europe(maybe).....
Now that the ASP/Modulus designs have got a VCO, quad VCA, a diode
ladder filter (will get accent and glide sub-modules soon), an EG just
coming through beta and a voltage utility module, I'm on the point of
getting some ready drilled front panels made. Any of you that have
seen the stuff on Paul Maddox's Modulus site will know that one thing
I've stuck to with the circuit layouts is the same panel drillings for
everything, with the PCB's held to the panels by the pots. By using
the same drilling I can keep the price of the panels down. It looks
like the predrilled panels will be about 2.5 UKP each, uncoated, or
about 3 UKP coated. Paul Harding is having a bunch, and I'm going to
have a large number too, there'll also be a <BLANK> panel, with just
the corner holes drilled. The panels are 9 inch by 3 inch, about 228mm
by 76mm, and the corner holes will be 3.2mm. all the others are
6.35mm. Where larger holes are needed for certain pots then they will
need to be hand drilled or reamed to size. If a hole isn't being used
for a design then blanking plugs are available from Maplin and
elsewhere very cheaply. The standard finish I will use will be
fine-textured black powdercoat, though I can quote on other colours,
obvious ones being white, computer beige, and royal blue, all of which
should cost the same as the black as they are commoon colours, more
outlandish colours will cost more as they will need to be set up at
the planty rather than being put through with a load of other stuff
for the same colour.
	The material will be 2mm steel, so you will be able to
hand-spray easily if you wish...I'll be ordering in about a week, for
delivery about four-five weeks after placement. Coating will take
another week probably, and then if you want screen-printing, which I
can do myself, it'll be a little while after that. Anyone interested,
let me know ASAP, if we get enough orders, the prices will go down.
I'd appreciate deposits ahead of delivery if possible, there are
plenty of people on the list who can vouch for my honesty, as I did
the PAIA ordering thing recently.

chrisc