project idea...

Rob Hukin robh at epunix.susx.ac.uk
Wed Jun 4 18:09:33 CEST 1997

>Does anybody have a ready-made solution to this ( some sort of product
>that already exists?)  It seems like it would be pretty easy to design...
>and would be totally worth it if the knobs were of a high enough quality...

The JLCooper Fadermaster and the Peavey PC1600 spring to mind...

>Building it would be just a matter of aa AD converter, a serial interface
>and some logic...

I think it would have to be more complicated than that, certainly if you
want to merge data. Also, you don't really want to be spewing out data when
none of the knobs are being moved (or do you?). Sounds like a job for a
processor, really, but then I guess that's not too complicated if you have
the tools...

rob.