project idea...

Troy Sheets tsheets at saturn5.com
Wed Jun 4 17:42:58 CEST 1997

Hey,

I was thinking of building a box that had 2 or 3 of the most expensive,
silky-smooth pots I could possilby find.  The 2 or 3 pots could be
assigned to any MIDI controller # and the whole box could be set to any
MIDI channel.  It would take MIDI IN data and merge it with the controller
data generated by tweaking the pots.  This way, you can record knob tweaks
on your sequencer.

I am into this becuase most knobs on MIDI-enabled gear are whimpy... and
the data slider on my controller keyboard is weak, and using the pitch
bender just does not work for many tweaking situations.

Does anybody have a ready-made solution to this ( some sort of product
that already exists?)  It seems like it would be pretty easy to design...
and would be totally worth it if the knobs were of a high enough quality...

Building it would be just a matter of aa AD converter, a serial interface
and some logic...

-troy