Synching a Vortex?

Arnim X. Sauerbier arnims at usa.globelle.com
Fri Jan 31 09:52:54 CET 1997

>     Converting the audio pulse to a voltage trigger can be done with an

>     envelope follower plus a comparator. Actually for such a specific

[writing this down... "Look-up in textbook: envelope follower,
comparator" ... hah! :-*

Would a wheatstone bridge hooked-up to the line-out of the drum machine
convert the AC wobbles into DC?   Then some kind of RC circuit to -uh-
'store' that voltage for a few milliseconds while it triggers a
transistor short-to-ground?  I was actually thinking of going back to my
radio-shack "101 electronics projects" kit which featured a
sound-detector alarm circuit.  Figured it's doing something similar.
Doubt I can find the book tho.

But seriously, if you build this, let us know how you did it!  If I
manage to, I'll do the same - thanks!

>     A couple weeks ago I built a MIDI-clock to voltage pulse divider
>     circuit on a single chip, but that's another story...

Umm, maybe not.  Couldn't that chip be used to provide the voltage
trigger?   Waitaminute, YOU design and produce your OWN chips?
Huhuhhuhhhh-uh, cool.

Arnim