slider with a vortex

Saul Stokes n9540283 at gonzo.cc.wwu.edu
Sat Jan 18 21:55:31 CET 1997

Hi, awhile back I decided to build a slider controller for my Lexicon
Vortex. Last night I got it together and hooked it up but it doesn't seem
to control any of the Vortex's features.  It does however work on my other
instruments. At first, I wasn't sure of the pinout on the slider and tried
different combinations to see if it would work.  Now that I have it hooked
up the correct way (thanks to Ric) and it still doesn't work, I'm
beginning to think that maybe I fried something due to my experimenting.
I can't imagine this happening since it's just a slider and a stereo cord.
My question is could I have fried something by hooking the stereo wires
up every which way to the slider? Also does anybody use an expression
pedal on their Vortex?  Do you have any problems with it?

Ciao,
Saul
www.hypnos.com/stokes.htm