2600 repair suggestions needed

JDMcEachin jdm at synthcom.com
Thu Jan 16 09:20:47 CET 1997

At 11:25 PM 1/15/97 -0600, Mark Pulver wrote:

>The LF411 (and the dual version the 412) is a full production National
>Semiconductor part. It's carried by Mouser, DigiKey, Jameco, etc, but may
>NOT be carried by your local folks just cause it's cheaper for them to
>stock the junk 741's.
>
>Mouser doesn't list the part in their current catalog, but call 'em - (800)
>346-6873 -, they have it. Be careful with DigiKey... They list the part,
>but don't get confused (like I did!) and think that $6.30 is a normal cost
>for one of these. I was looking at the mil-spec part number. A real cost
>for the LF411 is about $1.50 and the LF412 is about $1.60...

Mouser has instrument grade OP-O7s for US$0.96 (I think) - I'd go for those,
they've got better noise specs (I've got this thing about paying more than
$1 for an opamp).  I wonder why the cost of 411/412's went up so much????

JDM
Synthcom Systems, Inc.
http://www.synthcom.com/

"What I was looking for was an instrument that you couldn't tell what it
was.  That means you have to listen to the tone without associating it with
your memories.  That was the idea when we started with electronic music." -
Klaus Schulze