Voltage control

gstopp at fibermux.com gstopp at fibermux.com
Fri Jan 3 19:12:32 CET 1997

     Hiya JDM,

     "Semi-modular" means that the Minimoog signal path is intact, but CV
     inputs were tapped in everywhere and brought out to a patch panel
     along with some other simple additional circuits like LFO's and such.
     There's also a home-brew programmer that modifies all VC settings.
     Non-VC things like mixer volumes, switches, glide, etc. are not
     programmable.

     For voltage control of EG attack (times 2), EG decay (times 2), and
     VCF resonance, I used Vac-Teks (sp?). For the EG depth on the VCF
     ("CONTOUR"), I used a 3080-based VCA on a tiny piece of vectorboard.
     Everything else just uses voltage summers.

     As for how I manage it all - I was a single guy in a rented house
     with synthesizers everywhere up until the 1994 earthquake (the house
     was at ground zero!). After it all got destroyed I got freaked out
     and stopped doing that and got married and turned into a "normal"
     person. Now I just sneak experiments here at work in the lab during
     lunch or whenever and play with babies in the evening. Fortunately I
     sit at the computer a lot at my job.

     - Gene