Interesting Paper available on Moog VCF

Eli Brandt eli at ux3.sp.cs.cmu.edu
Sat Sep 21 22:18:22 CEST 1996

> Wow, I have no idea what you're talking about!

I had Chebychev polynomials on the brain, so it was way too
complicated and not correct either.  Replace with the following:

Write your input signal as the real part of a degree-k polynomial in e^it.
Run that through a degree-d poly to get a degree-kd poly in e^it.
Take the real part of this.

So waveshaping with a degree-d polynomial increases bandwidth by a
factor of d.  (This may be obvious, but not to me.)  And the argument
generalizes readily to inharmonic partials and arbitrary phase.

--
   Eli Brandt
   eli+ at cs.cmu.edu