EN CV Mixer Problem

A.S.P. ms20 at itchy.serv.net
Fri Sep 20 01:46:23 CEST 1996

For the last three or four days I've been trying to finish up a pair of
Electronotes CV mixers from the Musical Engineers Handbook (Sec. 5D
P.7).  Everything works fine, except when I connect the output to an amp,
I get a very high frequency signal mixed into output (around 600 KHz,
5VPP).

I built the circuit exactly like the diagram plus a few additions - caps
to filter PS noise, a 30 PF cap across the output buffer, a level pot,
and a second output. I've gone over the circuit with a fine tooth comb 3
or 4 times and found no mistakes.  Now I'm wondering if it's possible
that there might be a problem with the design itself.

Is there anyone on the list that has this circuit diagram that would look
at it for me, just so I know whether that is the problem or not?  Any
other advice would be appreciated as well.

ROmeo