AW: Re: Couple EE questions...

Haible_Juergen#Tel2743 HJ2743 at denbgm3xm.scnn1.msmgate.m30x.nbg.scn.de
Wed Oct 23 21:36:00 CEST 1996

> Well, you actually balance two sources of noise with each other, one noise

> source is the op-amp input itself and the other is the resistor noise. The

> trick
> is to select the resistor value which results in the lowest noise figure.

Well, I am not too firm in english technical terminology.
The context suggests that "noise figure" means the same as the German
"Rauschzahl", that is "how much worse is the real system compared to
an ideal system, where only the impedance is a noise source".
This would be near 0dB in a good system.
Or is it just a different word for SNR (which would be some -70 ... -100dB
in a good system) ?
Just to be sure of terminology before I can go on.

JH.