Me and Laser-printed panels

Ronnie.Johannesson at mta.uas.se Ronnie.Johannesson at mta.uas.se
Tue Oct 22 22:59:00 CEST 1996

Hi, I(Um new at this list so let me introduce myself!
My name is Ronnie, 28 years old and computer engineer at a university hospital
in Uppsala, Sweden. I(Uve been into electronic instrument design and building
since the early 80s.

Over to my experience of making good looking panels. When I built my Formant
(yes, I(Um a happy owner of a large version of this beauty) I printed the panels
at common printerpaper and laminated them in one of those lamination machines I
found at my job. Black with white lettering, high glossy.
I(Uve also tried laminating at home with a hot flat-iron and have got some pretty
good result. Then I cut the holes with a 1/4" hole punch and use 3M double sided
tape to make a frame around the panel, and woosh there I got a very nice
frontpanel. The tape together with pots and jacks holds the laminate inplace and
6 years later it(Us still in place.

Ok, not everybody has a laminating machine at home and the sheets are sort of
expensive so at my later projects I have used Ricks method with mirror printed
OH transparencies. But I still use the same 3M double sided tape and it looks
fine.

Ronnie Johannesson
ronnie.johannesson at mta.uas.se