Laser-printed panels and other topics

Stew Benedict benedict at netcom.com
Tue Oct 22 13:06:54 CEST 1996

  I'm not sure if any of you are aware of this material, and how handy
you are in a dark room.  But I work in electronics making custom
instruments, and we use a material called MetalPhoto.  It's a
photosensitized aluminum, which you expose and process like film.
Once the material is cured by boiling in a cure bath, the lettering
is indestructible.  A little pricey, $10-20/sheet, depending on size.
You can go a little cheaper by buying thin stuff (0.032) and glueing
to your faceplate.  I don't have the info in front of me, but I can
get you the name of a distributor if you like.

Stew

~~ Stew Benedict  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    AYS Enterprises ~~
benedict at netcom.com        http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8608
~~~~~~      "It's not just shy sluggin' gorms neemer!"          ~~~~~~
~~~ Proud sponsor of the plotbot - plots by email!  Send email to  ~~~
~~~~~ benedict at netcom.com, subject "plotbot help" for more info  ~~~~~