Couple EE questions...

Christopher_List at Sonymusic.Com Christopher_List at Sonymusic.Com
Mon Oct 21 22:01:43 CEST 1996

  Hi guys,

  I'm re-designing some stuff and had a couple simple theory questions...

  1. When you have a cap in parallel in the feedback loop of an inverting
  op-amp to limit self-oscillation, it creates a LP filter - yes? What is
  is the formula for the cut frequency - I assume it's a function of the
  cap value and Rfb or Rin. What's the roll-off of this filter?

  2. When adding an inverting op-amp to the end of a signal chain simply to
  re-invert a signal (gain = 1), does it make any difference what resisters
  you use? Obviously, you wouldn't want to use an 8ohm resistor into a
  virtual ground, but will 2 10K resistors behave in exactly the same way
  as 2 100K? Is there *any* trade-off?

  - Thanks,
  CList