FW: AW: Re: digital contents

Eli Brandt eli at gs160.sp.cs.cmu.edu
Wed Oct 2 22:58:09 CEST 1996

Paolo Predonzani wrote:
> R.W.Hamming,E.A.Feigenbaum,Introduction to applied numerical analysis,
>  McGraw-Hill,1971 (numerical solutions for integration, differential
>  equations, conditioning (= solution stability))
>
> P.Antognetti,G.Massobrio,Semiconductor device modeling with SPICE,
>  McGraw-Hill,1987 (diodes, BJTs, JFETs, IGFETs, how they work and how to
>  model them)

Oh, I didn't realize you were doing component-level analysis.  I'll
check out the Antognetti and Massobrio reference -- thanks.  Hmm, if
circuit modeling can approach real-time for a non-trivial system like
a Moog filter, this opens up a lot of possibilities for *real*
`virtual analog' synthesis.  How long will it be before Moore's law
makes analog synthesis obsolete?

--
   Eli Brandt
   eli+ at cs.cmu.edu