Seeking more Op-Amp Wisdom

gstopp at fibermux.com gstopp at fibermux.com
Tue Jan 23 16:58:58 CET 1996

     Yeah we stock them here at work so any time I need some I just raid
     the bins in the lab! Best reason of all.

     Seriously the TL082 is in the mid-range of op-amp desireability. It
     fills the need in general-purpose applications, like all those old
     circuits where 741's or 1458's are used. I've found it to be quite
     robust, as opposed to something like the CA3140 which tends to blow up
     if you look at it funny (that's the price you pay to get really really
     high input impedance). But there are ceratinly other op-amps with
     better specs, and usually the price reflects this. I must say I
     haven't tried all of them to compare their best features, but if the
     databook numbers look good, by all means give them a try.

     - Gene
     gstopp at fibermux.com

     p.s. you mean "LF356", right?