Seeking more Op-Amp Wisdom

Christopher List Christopher_List at sonymusic.com
Tue Jan 23 10:50:11 CET 1996

I have the collected discussions regarding op-amps that have gone on here and
on AH, but I was wondering...

I was looking through data sheets last night. Is there **ANY** reason to use
TL082's instead of LM356's?

The 356 seems to have better performance in every respect...
Offset voltage, noise, slew rate, offset current, settling time, distortion...

The only thing the TL082 has going for it is a slightly wider bandwidth, but
since I'm always in the +/-10v range it doesn't matter. Is there any other
reason to EVER use a 082 instead of a 356? (Besides the price difference)

- Thanks,
Chris