scanner

That Damn 808 mr808 at teleport.com
Fri Jan 19 19:35:41 CET 1996

At 1:56 PM 1/19/96, Juergen wrote:

>I also sent out the schematics long ago to someone who promised to
>scan them (no pun ...) and put them into some archives, but I haven't
>seen them appear anywhere so far.
>Jeffree, I am not sure, but was it You?

No, I have the modified variable slope filter schematic.  Sorry for the
delay in scanning them - my friend w/ the scanner (Brian Coates) has
disappeared off the face of the earth.  Does anyone in Portland OR have
access to a scanner?

BTW Juergen, now that you have the complete EN collection, we need to find
something else for me to send you.

Signing off
808

808

                William Safire's Rules for Writers:

Remember to never split an infinitive.  The passive voice should never
be used.  Do not put statements in the negative form.  Verbs have to
agree with their subjects.  Proofread carefully to see if you words
out.  If you reread your work, you can find on rereading a great deal
of repetition can be avoided by rereading and editing.  A writer must
not shift your point of view.  And don't start a sentence with a
conjunction.  (Remember, too, a preposition is a terrible word to end a
sentence with.)  Don't overuse exclamation marks!!  Place pronouns as
close as possible, especially in long sentences, as of 10 or more
words, to their antecedents.  Writing carefully, dangling participles
must be avoided.  If any word is improper at the end of a sentence, a
linking verb is.  Take the bull by the hand and avoid mixing
metaphors.  Avoid trendy locutions that sound flaky.  Everyone should
be careful to use a singular pronoun with singular nouns in their
writing.  Always pick on the correct idiom.  The adverb always follows
the verb.  Last but not least, avoid cliches like the plague; seek
viable alternatives.