19 in. racks

Steven Varner svarner at cello.gina.calstate.edu
Tue Jan 16 12:01:00 CET 1996

Howdy,

Greenhorn question number 32:

I went to several surplus places to look for 19 inch racks.  I want a desktop
size, but the surplus stores only have these ceiling height things or massive,
enormous metal boxes for computer-type stuff.  Radio (can I have your name and
address) Shack has table type racks, but they are a couple hundred each.  I
don't even want to think about music stores...
I think if I could get the L-bracket strips with the threaded holes, I could
make my own cases out of wood.  I know I could just drill into the end grain,
but I want to be able to take modules on and off without risk of stripping the
threads.  Anybody know where I can get racks or rack-mount metal strips to be
used in building my cheap modular setup?