AW: KORG PROPHECY and new Module

Some Guy From Some Place rashid at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Fri Jan 12 05:32:15 CET 1996

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, Haible_Juergen#Tel2743 wrote:

> Anyway: Before You consider buying a Prophecy, note that Yamaha
> has drastically reduced the price of the VL-7 (which is by far superior
> in quality to the Prophecy, IMO.)
> In Germany, the VL-7 still is a few hundred DM's more expensive than the
> Prophecy,
> but in UK it seems to be different. I got my VL-7 brand new for UKP 849,-
> at Turnkey, London, which is cheaper than I can get a Prophecy, both in
> Germany or England.

What, so I can do a perfect emulation of a trumpet?  Sorry.  The VL-7
doesn't have knobs.  The VL-7 is not laid out like an analog.  The VL-7
has this useless breath controller thing.  The Prophecy has a
pressure-sensitive ribbon log.  The VL-7 can't really do synth sounds.  I
want a Prophecy because of its massive synthesis capabilities, not
because I want to emulate a guitar or a trumpet or a flute or a
clarinet.

scott koladich = formula 44 productions = rashid at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
< i am the operator with my pocket calculator > - - - - - - - - - - - -