Obie and OB-Xa stuff

Clive Jones CJones at sni.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 18:04:00 CET 1996

>I've heard this about 90% of the time, but occasionally someone will say
>they think the black and gray SX's are related to the X and the black
and
>blue ones are related to the Xa.  Mine's a black and gray.  Maybe I
should
>ask the whole list about this.  If anyone knows when each of these was
>released, that might help.  The voice boards have dates on them (1981 I
>think).

The OBX-a was released in December 1980 (the X in June 1978), the OB-SX
definately contains X-a voice cards. The reason for the colour(UK) or
color(US) changes in the case may have been due (extremely *wild* guess
here) to the SX being released before the X-a .I don't believe the early
SX's had the X voice structure, as, this would have meant some hardware
changes and a firmware revision change to deal with the X-a cards. It got
me thinking that perhaps the X-a protoypes had the dual colour scheme of
the X(?), where's an ex-Obie employee when you want him? Then again I
could be talking complete and utter nonsense - which is usually the case
as I am partially brain damaged.

Clive

/<c.jones at sni.co.uk> / ...and on the 8th day
/01344 850213 Work   / God made Synthesizers
/01344 850209/291 Fax/ ...and God was called
/01628 602106 Home   /   ' Tom Oberheim '