Paia FracRak and CEM/SSM Descriptions?

Christopher List Christopher_List at sonymusic.com
Fri Aug 30 10:24:14 CEST 1996

Yeah, I used FracRack panels for my whole modular. My biggest problem with them
was the rails they sent that are used to hold the whole thing together (they
run laterattly behind the panels, perpendicular to the 19" rack case). These
rails are flimsy bent sheet metal and you're supposed to screm the panels unto
it with tiny sheet-metal screws that seem like they'd wear out the hole after a
few screw-ins and removals.

I went to a scrap metal place and got 3/8"x3/4" rails of my own, drilled holes
in them (at fracrack 1.5" spacing) and tapped them for machine screws. This was
a real drag, but made for a very nice clean, sturdy set-up.

The panels are a little on the small side. If I build another system, I think I
will go with custom 4ru high panels, in 1, 2, and 3" widths.

- CList