Moog Music Dead?

Kevin Lightner majmoog at synthfool.com
Sun Aug 18 20:49:39 CEST 1996

Hello List,

I have a letter here from Don Martin of Moog Music Inc, dated July 22nd, 1996.

The letter confirms my status of being a new Moog Music service center, a
position Don offered me.

However, upon emailing him back twice over the last 3 weeks with specific
questions about being a Moog service center, I've received absolutely
nothing. No confirmation of an email and no bounced back emails, either.

Their website now does nothing except say it's under construction. It's
been this way for a while now.

The enclosed brochure shows an "old Moog Music, Inc." advertising photo of
a Moog 15 and a "new" module that looks like an old 901 VCO, but has a
different model number. The price sheet offers a VCF for $1000.00!

Anyone know anything about Moog's status?

I've spoken to three people who have spoken with Don in the past and who
are not online folks and every one of them thinks that this is a scam.

 I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, so I'll try calling
them Monday or Tuesday if I haven't heard anything, but there's a point
when a reasonable human starts to believe that this was all just wishful
thinking.

-Kevin

http://synthfool.com