chassis grounding

Don Tillman don at till.com
Mon Aug 12 18:52:41 CEST 1996

   Date: Fri, 09 Aug 96 15:59:54 PDT
   From: gstopp at fibermux.com

   Within a self-contained system such as a synthesizer I always just
   ground everything together - the circuit board ground, the panel, the
   jacks, the box, and the third prong of the AC power cord. Works fine
   for me so far. I think that you only run into ground loop problems
   when interconnecting machines together whose AC power comes from
   different and/or distant outlets.

Yeah, but in practice something you are somehow connected to is always