Hacking Stomp Boxes

Stuart Robertson 101500.601 at CompuServe.COM
Sat Aug 3 03:47:29 CEST 1996

In a previous life as a guitarist I became incredibly fedup with the
unreliability of connections between stomp boxes and continually
plugging/unplugging them to conserve battery power.

I gutted 4 Boss units and mounted them into a 1u rack from Maplin, and utilised
a spare 9v   500 ma PSU, which I also mounted in the rack box. The original pots
I mounted on the front panel, and the footswitch I routed to jacks on the back
of the unit, which can them be controlled by standard unlatched keyboard
footswitches.

The downside is you loose the ability to change the order of the effects chain.

Cheers

Stuart