ASM Power consumption?

gstopp at fibermux.com gstopp at fibermux.com
Fri Aug 2 02:06:48 CEST 1996

     Sorry guys but I have to answer this question with a big resounding "I
     don't know". All my ASM's are boxed up due to our recent move to our
     new house and I haven't had the chance to un-box them and fire them up
     yet (low priority what with the new baby and all - never a dull moment
     these days).

     Calculating the current draw may be possible but I'd end up measuring
     it with a meter anyway to check the calculations! Also remember that
     lots of the panel pots will be voltage dividers between -15 and +15 so
     these must be considered also. Different builders will use different
     pots and although you can use a 10K for example for a VCO course tune,
     it will consume 10 times what a 100K will draw!

     Hopefully I'll be able to provide some numbers in the near future
     (like in the next month or two).

     - Gene
     gstopp at fibermux.com