Hacking Stomp Boxes

Christopher List Christopher_List at sonymusic.com
Thu Aug 1 01:28:58 CEST 1996

Howdy DIYers -

Quicky discussion topic here relating to Matt's new phase shifter....

I was thinking last night, while processing beats through my Boss Pitch-Delay,
about how cool it would be to make it into a module and replace the pots with
voltage-controlled resistances (for feedback and effect mix).

Anybody have any good stories and/or tips for hacking stomp boxes and putting
them into a modular?

I guess it would be a lot of work because of the differences in the power
supply and the fact that the power supply is uni-polar (is that the correct
term?). It would still be cool, and making these voltage control changes
shouldn't be <<that>> hard - right?

- CList