Analog sequencers

j.hicks codex at global.net.au
Mon Apr 1 02:31:53 CEST 1996

>   Hello all -
>

>    I am probably gonna get major flamed for this (or at least some snickers),
>
>  but *what good* is an analog sequencer? all it can do is cycle through the
>
>  *same* 8 or 16 notes *over and over*.... (sounds like some top 40 music I've
>
>  heard as of late). This may work in techno, where repitition is pretty
>
>  much the norm (or standard operation), but is not too useful in more, uh,
>
>  dare I say "musical" applications. (I know, I'm asking for it now ...).
>
>   As if you haven't figured it out already, I do *not* like techno, but I
>
>  *love* synthesizers, especially analog and (dare I say) FM synthesis.
>
>  (I can't help it - the DX7 was my first professional keyboard! [way back
>
>  in 1987] I *still* program it!). What it boils down to is this ... Are
>
>  there any other uses for analog sequencers other than repetitive arpeggio
>
>  basslines and such? I would like to know!!   :P
>

>                                        Duane
>

>                                                synth nut and 80's child
>--
>
>  "Two nothings is nothing, thats mathematics, son...." - Foghorn Leghorn
>                      ________________________________
>                     / o o oo              o ooo o   /\
>       -------------/ ////  Duane R. Balvage   //// / /---------
>                   /    _________________________  / /
>                  / // / // /// // /// // /// / / / /
>                 /___ //////////////////////////_/ /
>                 \____\________________________\_\/
>
>                     Intel Corporation, RA1-303
>                   Portland Technology Development
>       =========================================================
>
>              Phone: (503) 613-8055    FAX: (503) 613-8261
>                   E-Mail: dbalvage at ptdcs2.intel.com
Thanx for the insults , pal :)Just remember:We are the future.
Any way,how about the use of  multiple Analog  Sequencers for  Synchronised
uneven length looping? Not as if I really need to point out the " creative
" uses for the above mentioned machines to such creative types as your good
selves.
Remain Calm,brothers & sisters!
<codex durex>
codex at global.net.au