n-voice programmer ideas

Randy Jones randy at zombie.com
Thu Apr 25 19:52:54 CEST 1996

>We had this topic a while ago, and I won't bring up pro's and cons
>again, but I have taken another deep look into those n-voice
>keyboard scanning schematics last weekend.

Have you looked at the Programmer schematics?  Kevin Lightner
had an idea that by adding a "program switch" function via a
trigger input, one could make a very strange, but perhaps
usable, 8 or 16 step sequencer.  With all the parameters of
the programmer on each step, this would be quite powerful!

I looked at doing this, but I don't quite trust myself to design
such a mod for my 4-voice yet.  I can see, perhaps, how to make
an 8-step input using some kind of octal
switch shorting out the buttons.  But how to switch between
1-8 and 9-16 was beyond me.  Maybe having only 8 steps would
be okay.

If anyone gets interested in this and ends up looking into it,
let me know what you come up with!

// Randy Jones
// randy at zombie.com