Linear VCO's (was :AW: Re[2]: Circuit Board Update 4/23

gstopp at fibermux.com gstopp at fibermux.com
Thu Apr 25 18:38:06 CEST 1996

     Perhaps somebody who has a linear CV machine who builds one of my
     circuit boards can do some testing. Of all my dozen or so analog
     machines, none of them are other than 1V/octave. (Except the Taurus I,
     maybe, but it doesn't have external control.)

     CFD and CMI linear FM are as follows:

     CFD = Constant Frequency Deviation
     CMI = Constant Modulation Index

     One problem with my knowledge about these things is that I'm at work,
     and my Electronotes are at home. My philosophy is "it's not what you
     know, it's where you know to look it up".

     >BTW, if you control a linear VCO by MIDI (and who can say he doesn't,
     >in these modern times?)

     Me!

     - Gene
     gstopp at fibermux.com

     p.s. you didn't answer my question - what is the scale factor, 1V/1000
     Hz or something like that?