Circuit Board Update 4/23 (fwd)

gstopp at fibermux.com gstopp at fibermux.com
Wed Apr 24 18:13:27 CEST 1996

     This is a really good question - although the Electronotes VCO that
     I'm using has linear FM inputs, I don't have any linear CV equipment
     at all so I can't try it to see if it will work.

     The linear FM inputs on the VCO go into the summing node of the
     reference op-amp in the exponential converter. Does anyone know if
     this is the proper type of linear FM for V/Hz operation? I never got
     into the difference between CFD and CMI linear FM.

     Also, what is the scale factor in a linear synthesizer? Is is 1V/1000
     Hz, or some number like that? Is a PAIA the same as an MS-20? Once a
     scale factor is established, how do you set the initial frequency? Can
     two linear VCO's be made to track a musical interval, other than
     unison?

     Hey maybe John Simonton can answer this....

     - Gene
     gstopp at fibermux.com