portamento circuit

Aural Research Facilities rmiller at pangea.ca
Tue Apr 23 01:26:40 CEST 1996

>From: majmoog at leonardo.net (Kevin Lightner)
>
>I have an Emu modular's lag processor here.
>
>It has a Lin to Log pot
>a up rate pot
>a down rate pot
>VC inputs and attenuators for both up and down rates

Hmmmm.  This is interesting.  I wonder what would be more bother:  Trying to
design my own, or reverese engineering yours.  Probably the latter, as I
don't have the circuit board that you do.  :)

>A fairly simple circuit, I might try reverse engineering this and doing an
>Electronics Workbench simulation (then nice schematic for free!)

Unless Elec.Wobe. now has pots and OTAs, I wouldn't bother.  The lack of
these two items are why I gave up on it back at Version 3.0.  (Especially
the lack of pots).

> Anyone else think this sucker is neat?
>(I know, Serge must make something like this too!)

It's neat enough to me that I might give some thought to designing one of my
own.

Ric
The point being, while lots of keyboard types know the value and get price
reports every 15 minutes from the Star Chamber's Synth Pricing Tribunal,
people in the real world still don't know and don't care. - Matt Haines
Aural Research Facilities - http://www.pangea.ca/~rmiller