Basic Stamp

Kevin Lightner majmoog at leonardo.net
Thu Apr 11 08:53:37 CEST 1996

Does anybody have any experience with the Parallax Basic Stamp computers?

They are single board computers that run a version of BASIC and have 8 I/O
lines and some provision for an analog input.  They are programmed via
EEPROM and I even found some of the downloading software at their homepage-

http://www.parallaxinc.com/

I would like to make one into a prototype controller for a voice board
architechure synth I'm designing. Even though the BASIC version is slow
it's plenty fast to turn on analog switchs and multiplexers for test
purposes.

JameCo has the board for $34.95 and the complete programming package (PC)
for $89.95.

Anyone play with these goodies?

-Kevin