sue you, sue me

gstopp at fibermux.com gstopp at fibermux.com
Tue Apr 2 20:22:36 CEST 1996

     Boy ya got me - I've never been able to figure out patent law as it
     applies to high-tech. When does the arrangement of commercially
     available off-the-shelf components cease to be obvious to all
     designers, and start to become proprietary? How come nobody patented
     the exponential voltage-current relationship of the silicon transistor
     junction? How can you commercially monopolize a law of physics????

     Guess that's why I'm not a lawyer.

     >Yes I know the point is moog...er, moot now, but not knowing the ins
     >and outs of ICs, I thought I'd ask.

     Grrrrrooooooaaaaannnnnnn... oooh double pun... Hey Matt, are you
     intentionally this funny, or just some kind of "humor savant"?

     - Gene