Copyrights of synthesizer circuits

Michael Zacherl - Bacher Systems EDV GmbH mz at bacher.co.at
Tue Jun 20 22:43:15 CEST 1995

> I'm not a lawyer either, but my feelings are that if a person or
> company has put work into something you can't simply grab it
> and start making money with it. The patent on the Moog ladder may
> be expired, but to me that doesn't mean you can now sell "Moog"
> filters. I have made a Moog filter too, but I feel it cannot be
> used for commercial purposes, i.e. manufacturing and selling it.

well ... The Studio Electronics SE-1 uses this 'Ladder Technology'
the Doepfer A-100 Modular System does as well (it's gonna be released
these days, FCS date is June/95).
These are things which make me confused on that issue ...

cheers,

/mz

---------------- Sun - Power that SPARCles. ---------------
Michael Zacherl
phone :  +43 (1) 60 126-253         Bacher Systems EDV GmbH
fax   :  +43 (1) 60 126-4                Wienerbergstr. 11B
e-mail:  mz at bacher.co.at                        A-1101 Wien
www   :  http://www.bacher.co.at/sun/        Austria-Europe