Formant RFM

Michael Zacherl - Bacher Systems EDV GmbH mz at bacher.co.at
Mon Jun 19 23:17:37 CEST 1995

<Rick Jansen wrote>

> Um, these questions are a bit difficult to answer, as the Formant
> RFM is the only RFM I know/have played with. I have built just one,
> but I'll put together a few more. I already have the pcb's. The
> reason for building some more is actually that I'm not too impressed
> with the influence of one filter and I'm hoping cascading a few will
> be more interesting.

I'm fascinated by the idea building a 'Multipole Filter' which is freely configurable.
The goal should be to be able to setup very uncommon filtertypes like combinations
of bandpasses and a lowpass, like 'unsymmetric' combfilters with varying fo and Q
for each band individually (being controlled by KBD-CV or ENVs etc.) and so on.

The static spectra of a VCO wave is the best aim of such treatment IMO.

Could that be interesting? How could such a design look like?

/mz