Analog Morphing

Brian Coates nobrand at teleport.com
Thu Jun 1 17:45:15 CEST 1995

>If "true analogue synth" applies to storable and midi-controllable synths,
>why should there be any problem in morphing? The parameters are all read
>from RAM or front panel pots, then D/A converted, multiplexed and routed to
>the
>analogue modules as CV's. Morphing just changes these parameters from MUX
>update cycle to the next. I cannot think of any reason why Morphing should
>not work on a Matrix-12 (to take an example), just with the apropriate
>software.
>The capability of morphing has nothing to do with analogue or digital
>oscillator
>or filter realisation.
>
>JH.

        EXCELLENT POINT!!  It would be sort of like "parameter portamento"!

        This would be exciting..  Think of the possibilities.  Wow.  Well,
this is the list for that sort of thing, I guess.  Who wants to implement
it first?  (heh heh)  I'm gonna have to fool with this idea as a module or
something.   Hmmmm..

Brian