AW: RE: Speaking of Digital.

Haible_Juergen#Tel2743 HJ2743 at denbgm3xm.scnn1.msmgate.m30x.nbg.scn.de
Thu Jun 1 23:02:00 CEST 1995

> Hmm .. that's right but the Nord lead has some features which would be
nearly
> impossible or at least hard to implement in an true analog synth (like
fading
> each parameter individually with an single controller in an individual
range
> and direction, what they call morphing (what else ;-) ) Further more this

If "true analogue synth" applies to storable and midi-controllable synths,
why should there be any problem in morphing? The parameters are all read
from RAM or front panel pots, then D/A converted, multiplexed and routed to
the
analogue modules as CV's. Morphing just changes these parameters from MUX
update cycle to the next. I cannot think of any reason why Morphing should
not work on a Matrix-12 (to take an example), just with the apropriate
software.
The capability of morphing has nothing to do with analogue or digital
oscillator
or filter realisation.

JH.