AW: Re: Copyrights of synthesizer circui

Haible_Juergen#Tel2743 HJ2743 at denbgm3xm.scnn1.msmgate.m30x.nbg.scn.de
Wed Jun 21 00:56:00 CEST 1995

> I'm not a lawyer either, but my feelings are that if a person or
> company has put work into something you can't simply grab it
> and start making money with it. The patent on the Moog ladder may
> be expired, but to me that doesn't mean you can now sell "Moog"
> filters. I have made a Moog filter too, but I feel it cannot be
> used for commercial purposes, i.e. manufacturing and selling it.

We had a patent lawyer here in our group for an information
talk about patents. I was astonished, too, but he said that after
20 years everybody is allowed to use the patented technology
for any commercial purpose. No possibility to make this period
longer. After 20 years it's all over and free.
This is what I heard from someone who must know it; but I would
not personally stand for this information; after all *I* am no
lawyer, too, and maybe lawyers will be hunting me for a simple warning
I made on the AH list, already ;-> ;->

JH.