AW: Substrate temperature stabilized tra

Haible_Juergen#Tel2743 HJ2743 at denbgm3xm.scnn1.msmgate.m30x.nbg.scn.de
Thu Jun 8 02:30:00 CEST 1995

> The great news is that also a
> MAT-04 is available, with 4 matched transistors on a chip, and
> it's even available. This looks like a perfect device for a
> substrate temperature controlled dual transistor! Cost here is
> Dfl 35,-, which is ca US$20,- Same price as a LM394 or MAT-02!

US$20,- is a bit steep for just the heart of an expo converter!
If it were a complete temperature stabilized pair for that price, ok.!
But where is the advantage over a simple and cheap 3086 ?
If we are able to build a good thermostat with a MAT-04, why not
the same with a 3086 ?
Just wondering ...
(I believe that the transistors are "better" than in a 3086, but I
thought 3086 transistors were good enough, when the temperature
effects would be cancelled.)

JH.