About samples and harmonics...

Jeroen van Aart amorel21 at worldaccess.nl
Sun Jan 1 01:19:30 CET 1978

(Ian A. Vine (phone UK 0171 419 3450) wrote:

> 	I just remembered with the mention of fourier analysis, I was
> 	recently looking at the Emu line of samplers and they claim
> 	that the samplers can transpose down 2 octaves and up 10 without
> 	distortion. Maybe I've got my figures a bit wrong, anybody know
> 	how they do this ?

Because transposing the sample will not distort it. The volume isn't
affected, just the pitch(speed). I can even do that with my Amiga,
lowering and making the pitch higher a lot of octaves and no distortion.
it sounds crap ok, cause of what you said in your last answer :-)

Cya

Jeroen van Aart    -*AMOREL*-     \ \ Amiga 1200,hd, CD32, good old C= 64
Musician/ photographer/ student    \ \ Aura 12/16 bits sampler
Rebecca's whatever ;-]              \ \      / /Roland dr-5 and more ;-9
Do you need music for your game/demo?\ \    / /Check my music on aminet
Have you got a recorddeal? ;)         \ \  / /mods/hardc (ftp.wustl.eduetc.
Contact me! amorel21 at worldaccess.nl    \ \/ /or take a look at my homepage.
http://www.worldaccess.nl/~amorel21     \/\/Hardcore,(hard)trance,techno..